Trap-Door Baffling Inserts for Chevrolet C5 Corvette Oil Pan
The GM LS family small blocks are prone to oil starvation at high Gs, especially at higher RPMs where oil aeration and windage is more prevalent. Proper oil pan baffling is critical for improving oil control and reducing oil starvation in these engines.
Improved Racing's C5 Corvette trap-door inserts provide very effective, track-proven protection against oil starvation for road racing, drifting, autocross, drag racing and even off-roading and rock crawling. The inserts employ directional trap doors to keep oil around the pump pickup and provides vastly improved oil control for the C5 Corvette two-piece "bat-wing" oil pan. These inserts are sufficient to prevent oil pressure drops at up to 1.4 sustained lateral G's in most vehicles.
The inserts take minimal time and effort to install due to the later model C5 Corvette's modular oil pan design. Simply drain the oil, remove the bottom half of the oil pan and snap-in the inserts to enjoy improved oil control.
Features and Benefits
- Track-proven to prevent oil starvation at up to 1.4 sustained lateral G's
- Directional trap door inserts completely enclose the oil pump pickup for maximum protection against oil starvation at high Gs
- 100% snap-in, no modifications necessary. Does not require removal of oil pan or engine.
- Reduces the risk of oil starvation when oil levels are low
- Works with the factory cast aluminum oil pan, which is considered a structural member of the engine block and is less prone to failure or leaking than aftermarket sheet metal pans
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
The graph below plots oil pressures with the factory baffling (in red) versus the Improved Racing EGM-204 baffle (in black). A complete chart with oil pressure, RPM and lateral G-force plots can be seen in PDF format by clicking here. A second chart that adds several additional logged parameters can be seen by clicking here.
- 1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette (C5) with factory two-piece bat-wing oil pan (part # 12561828)
- Other vehicles equipped GM oil pan part #12561828
- NOTE: Fits only two-piece oil pans typically found in later 2002-2004 model year C5 Corvettes.
- It is recommended that the lower oil pan gasket, GM Part # 12562020, be replaced when installing this product.
|Drop Ship Item||No|
|Special Order Item||No|
|Primary Material||5052-H32 aluminum|
|Clears Crankshaft Stroke||4.000"|
|Clears Connecting Rods||Group 0 (Factory Rods)|
Group 1 (Most H-Beam Rods)
Group 2 (Most I-Beam Rods)
Callies Compstar H-beam
Callies Ultra I-beam
Eagle, All I-Beam Rods
Eagle, All others not listed
GM, All OEM LS Rods Except LS7 & LS9
GM OEM LS7 Rods
GM OEM LS9 Rods
K1, All Others Not Listed
Lunati, All I-Beam Rods
Lunati, All H-Beam Rods
Manley, All H-Beam Rods
Manley, All I-Beam Rods
Most Other Brand I-Beam Rods
Most Other Brand H-Beam Rods Not Listed in Group 2
Oliver, All I-Beam Rods
Oliver, All H-Beam Rods
Scat, All I-Beam Rods
Scat, All H-Beam Rods
Texas Speed, All Rods
Thompson Motorsports, All H-Beam Rods
|Fits Oil Pan||Chevrolet Corvette (C5), "Batwing" Oil Pan, 1997-2004|