Remote Oil Filter & Cooler Adapter, 4.6 and 5.4 Ford Modular V8
Free shipping on USA orders over $49
- Allows you to relocate your oil filter to a more practical location as well as adding an optional oil cooler
- Two 1/4" NPT ports and one 1/8" NPT for factory sensor, aftermarket sensors or oil line feeds
- Engine oil ports are -10AN O-ring boss ports while the water port is a -16AN O-ring boss port
- Factory radiator hoses of 1.5" and 1.75" are supported, or use a -16AN adapter fitting for the engine's water inlet
- Lifetime Warranty. Made in the USA.
Improved Racing's Ford Modular V8 remote oil filter adapter allows you to relocate your oil filter to a more practical location (most commonly the front bumper) as well as accommodating the optional addition of oil cooler.
This bolt-on adapter replaces the factory oil filter and water inlet manifold. It has two 1/4" NPT ports (post filter) and one 1/8" NPT port (pre-filter) for factory sensor, aftermarket sensors or oil line feeds. The front-facing 1/4" NPT port is directly compatible with the factory oil temp sensor.
The engine oil ports are -10AN O-ring boss ports while the water port is a -16AN O-ring boss port. Factory radiator hoses of 1.5" and 1.75" are supported, as well as the option to use a -16AN adapter fitting for the engine's water inlet. Oil line adapters are available for -8AN, -10AN, and -12AN lines.
This adapter will fit any Ford Modular V8, however applications with a curved water neck on the factory manifold, such as the SN95 1996-2004 Ford Mustang GT, require Improved Racing's EFR-800 radiator hose. When selecting this optional radiator hose, you must also select the 1.75" hose barb adapter in the drop down. These two options make this filter relocation adapter a completely bolt on solution for the SN95 1996-2004 Mustang GT. Applications with a straight water neck on the factory manifold may reuse the factory radiator hose with minimal or no trimming required.
Fitment Note: The optional silicone radiator hose may not clear aftermarket turbo headers. A tight radius 90-degree -16AN adapter fitting and a custom radiator line may be required for these applications. We do not currently offer such a fitting.
Features and Benefits
- Replaces the factory oil filter and engine water inlet manifold, allowing for a remote oil filter setup and/or the addition of an oil cooler.
- Two 1/4" NPT ports for sensors or turbo oil feed line
- -10AN (JIC/SAE) straight thread O-ring ports for oil lines
- -16AN (JIC/SAE) straight thread O-ring port for engine water inlet
- CNC-machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with MIL-A-8625 Type II black anodized finish
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
Optional Oil Port Adapters Available in -8AN, -10AN, or -12AN
Optional Waterneck Barb Fittings Available for 1.5" and 1.75" Radiator Hoses
- 1x Remote oil filter adapter block
- 1x Bonded rubber gasket for 1996-1999 engine blocks
- 1x Bonded rubber gasket for 2000-2014 engine blocks
- 4x Zinc-plated steel mounting screws
- 1x 1/4" NPT plug with thread sealant
- 1x 1/8" NPT plug with thread sealant
- 2x Black anodized -8AN, -10AN, or -12AN adapter fittings with Viton O-rings (OPTIONAL)
- 1x Black anodized 1.5" or 1.75" hose barb adapter for radiator hose (OPTIONAL)
- 1x EFR-800 direct-fit silicone radiator hose for 1.75" hose barb adapter (OPTIONAL)
- All Ford Modular V8 engines including the 1996-2010 Mustang GT, 1995-2010 F-Series trucks, 1992-2012 Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis, 1990-2011 Lincoln Towncar, 1996-2014 E-Series vans, 1997-2014 Expedition, 2000-2005 Excursion, 1998-2014 Lincoln Navigator, and others.
- Note: If the water neck on your factory filter mount is curved (1996-2004 SN95 chassis Mustang GT) you must select the optional radiator hose and 1.75" hose barb adapter for a direct bolt-on installation. 2005-2010 Ford Mustang GT's may reuse the factory radiator hose but must select the optional 1.5" hose barb adapter.
- 1996-2002 Cobra and Mach 1 trims require an optional 1.75" to 1.50" radiator hose reducer, part number RHR-175-150. The EFR-800 silicone radiator hose may be used but must also be trimmed for these applications.
- Note: 2003-2004 Ford Mustang "Terminator" Cobra will require a custom radiator hose with double 90-degree bends to connect the factory thermostat housing to the EFR-100 adapter.
|Drop Ship Item|| |
|Special Order Item|| |
|Part Weight|| |
2.00 lb (0.90 kg)
Type II Anodized
|Minimum Operating Temperature|| |
|Maximum Operating Temperature|| |
|Inlet Port Size|| |
-10AN O-Ring Boss Female
|Outlet Port Size|| |
-10AN O-Ring Boss Female
|Maximum Operating Pressure|| |
300 psi (20.68 bar)
|Max Recommended Flow Rate|| |
Up to 20 GPM (76 LPM)
|Fluid Compatibility|| |
|Sensor / Accessory Port 1|| |
|Sensor / Accessory Port 2|| |