Oil Cooler Adapter with Thermostat for BMW Engines
Free shipping on USA orders over $99
European customers: Click here to purchase directly from our partner in Germany , 55parts.de
- Precisely control oil temperature on BMW N20, N26, N51, N52, N53, N54, N55, and S55 engines.
- Built-in high-flow thermostat improves oil flow and cooling performance while maintaining quick engine warm-up times.
- Available in 180°F (82.2°C), 200ºF (93.3ºC), and 212ºF (100ºC) temperatures.
- Upgrade to a high-performance aftermarket cooler and AN lines, or use the optional factory oil line adapter to retain the cooler and lines.
- Lifetime Warranty. Made in USA.
Precise Oil Temperature Control for Your BMW
Upgrade your BMW N20, N26, N51, N52, N53, N54, N55, and S55 engine's oil temperature control with Improved Racing's high-performance oil cooler adapter.
Designed to address flaws in the factory's restrictive oil cooler adapter and faulty internal flow control valve, this upgrade ensures precise oil temperature control.
Improved Racing's thermostat provides quick engine warmup, prevents overcooling, and delivers full oil cooling capacity on demand. Trusted by professional race teams around the globe, Improved Racing's thermostats have proven highly reliable, are backed by a lifetime warranty, and are made in the USA.
Option to Use the Factory Oil Cooler and Lines
The optional factory oil line adapter allows you to use the factory oil cooler lines for a simple, plug-and-play installation. For maximum performance, the factory oil cooler and lines may be replaced with an aftermarket cooler and AN lines using the AN adapter fittings (-10AN line size is recommended).
Please note that some applications, such as most BMW SUV's, use a water-to-oil heat exchangers. These applications require plugging the coolant supply and return ports, as well as adding an external air-to-oil cooler and lines (factory or aftermarket). Please note the EBW-100 adapter cannot be used without an oil cooler.
Designed for a direct fit to any BMW engine equipped with oil filter housing part number 11428683206 or 11428642289 (circled in blue in the diagram below). The application is extremely large and covers most BMW cars and SUV's across all series!
You may view our complete application list, including chassis and engine code, in the EBW-100 Complete Application Reference file found in the documentation section at the bottom of this page.
Compatible with all applications equipped with the following BMW engines:
- BMW N20 engines
- BMW N26 engines
- BMW N51 engines
- BMW N52 engines
- BMW N53 engines
- BMW N54 engines
- BMW N55 engines
- BMW S55 engines
Determining Your Application
Some applications require adding an external oil cooler. To determine your specific application, refer to the diagram below.
- Direct-fit applications (green circle): If your vehicle is equipped with the oil cooler manifold circled in green, you can replace it with the EBW-100 and use the optional factory line adapter to retain the factory oil cooler. Optionally, you may also replace your oil cooler and/or lines with aftermarket options to improve performance.
- Applications requiring the addition of an oil cooler (red circle): If your vehicle is equipped with the water-to-oil cool circled in red, you will need to perform these additional modifications:
- Cap off the coolant feed and return ports at the source.
- Install an OEM BMW air-to-oil cooler and lines, or install an aftermarket air-to-oil cooler and aftermarket AN lines.
Warning: A cooler must always be equipped. Do not cap off the inlet and outlet ports of the EBW-100. This will result in the complete blockage of oil flow to your engine!
|Country of Manufacture
Temperature Rating Specifications
|Typ. Stabilization Temp
|Full Flow Temp
Type II Anodized
|Minimum Operating Temperature
|Maximum Operating Temperature
|Inlet Port Size
-10AN O-Ring Boss Female
|Outlet Port Size
-10AN O-Ring Boss Female
|Maximum Operating Pressure
350 psi (24.13 bar)
|Max Recommended Flow Rate
Up to 20 GPM (76 LPM)