CCS Oil Catch Can Kit for C7 Corvette, Gen V Crate Engines
Ships by Mon, Feb 26
- Direct bolt-on kit for C7 Corvette and Gen V SBC crate engines.
- Includes mounting bracket and custom made, emissions friendly, quick-connect lines.
- Keep contaminants out of your intake to increase octane and keep your engine clean.
- A must for direct injection engines like the LT1.
- 85-90% filtering efficiency of crankcase vapors.
- Quick-turn, easy to service 3.5 fl oz (104 ml) reservoir.
- Made in USA. Lifetime warranty.
Direct Fit for C7 Corvette
This kit is designed specifically for the naturally aspirated C7 Corvette and Gen V small block crate engines. The kit includes custom lines and a billet aluminum bracket that bolts directly to the left head.
Please note this kit is not a direct fit for supercharged LT4 powered vehicles. These vehicles draw crankcase vapors via a port directly under the supercharger, and will require a special adapter fitting to use a catch can (currently in developement).
This catch can will bolt up to most Gen V small block engine, but 5.3L truck engines are missing the mounting hole used by this kit. The catch will also interfere with the factory air box in the Gen 6 Camaro SS and some truck applications, but may fit with aftermarket cold air intakes. This kit uses the short can with the drain port, so a drain line can be added if the can is difficult to reach for draining.
A Must Have for the Gen V Small Block Engines
GM's Gen V small block engines are direct injected, meaning fuel is injected direclty into the combustion chamber, instead of the intake runners. While great for fuel economy, this means the intake port walls and valves will no longer be cleaned by the fuel. This results in excessive carbon build-up on the intake valves; a well documented problem with direct injected engines.
While carbon build up will not ruin your engine, it will result in reduced performance in the long run. Vaporized oil in the intake manifold severely exarcebates the problem, so it's important to keep the air as clean as possible. Adding a good catch can to the crankcase ventilation system will help reduce this carbon build up and keep your engine cleaner.
An Improved Oil Catch Can
Improved Racing set out to design the best air-oil separating catch can we possibly could. We focused on a three simple design goals:
- Maximize efficiency: Separate as much vapor from crankcase blow-by fumes as possible with minimal restriction.
- Easy to use: The catch can should be simple and enjoyable to use in every aspect including mounting, draining, and cleaning.
- Durable: Virtually indestructible. Made from high-quality, reliable components. As with any Improved Racing product, nothing will vibrate loose or come apart under racing conditions.
The result is the CCS (Catch Can, Sport).
Highly Efficient Air-Oil Separation
The CCS's design maximizes air-oil separation efficiency, resulting in a peak separation efficiency of 85-90%. For comparison, none of the competitor's catch cans we tested showed a peak efficiency of more than 60%. These results were achieved on our bench testing system at air flow rates of 0-4.0 CFM and vaporized oil injection rates of 0.20-0.30 grams of oil per minute.
|Tangential Entry Port
|Stainless Steel Filter
|Multiple O-Ring Seals
|Bell Mouth Plenum
|3.5 fl oz (104 ml) Reservoir
No Sight Glass Needed
Improved Racing's quick-release reservoir is so easy to remove that it eliminates the need for a sight glass. Just push up and twist an 1/8th turn to remove the reservoir and look inside. No more fumbling or endless unscrewing to remove the reservoir.
No sight glass also means improved durability at higher operating temps. And no more trying to interpret a difficult-to-read sight glass to check your fluid level. Just look inside!
A powerful wave spring keeps the reservoir locked in place. A safety lock clip is also included just in case you want to be absolutely sure the reservoir cannot be removed.
Gen V Small Block Specific Mounting Bracket
Improved Racing's billet machined mounting bracket bolts directly to the left-side head of the Gen V Chevrolet small block engines. This kit is a direct fit for the C7 Corvette as well as Gen V small block crate engines. Please note the catch can will not fit some truck applications because the truck engine blocks are missing the mounting hole used. In some applications, such as the Gen 6 Camaro SS, the catch can will also interfere with the factory airbox but may work with aftermarket cold air intakes.
Fast & Flexible Mounting Bracket System
We made the mounting bracket easy to use and remove because some engines bays are tight. Remove the can in seconds by unscewing the green nut. Installing and positioning is just as quick and easy. If you need a little more leverage, just use a 5/8" or 16mm open end wrench on one of the nut's lobes.
Positive Safety Lock Clip
The CCS comes with a safety lock clip. It's peace of mind for crash protection or track events where a positive lock mechanism is required. Push to insert, pull to remove.
Development of the CCS happened over several years and included ANSYS Fluent CFD simulations, extensive bench tests, and on-vehicle street and track tests. Final prototype testing also included a 9-month beta testing program in collaboration with various road racers, drag racers, and drifters.
Comparative testing included Improved Racing's prototypes and several catch cans from leading competitors. We ensured our catch can will beat the competition in filtration performance while maintaining a similar or lower pressure drop. Bench testing focused on maximizing efficiency at peak blow-by air flow rates of 3.7-4.0 CFM, where most other catch cans lack efficiency. The chart below (click to enlarge) shows some of our bench test results. Proprietary information and competitor's names have been redacted.
- 2014-2019 Chevrolet Corvette (C7), naturally aspirated, LT1 engine.
- Bolts to all 6.2 and 6.6 liter Gen V Chevy Small Block crate engines.
- May interfere with factory air box in some applications.
- Does not fit 2016+ (Gen 6) Chevrolet Camaro SS due to interference with the factory air box, but may fit with some aftermarket cold air intakes.
- This kit will bolt to the factory left side cylinder head of most Gen V small block engines.
- L82, L84, and L87 engines are not guaranteed to have the cylinder head hole used by the mounting bracket in this kit.
- Revised Gen 5 small block engines (engines with Dynamic Fuel Management instead of Active Fuel Management) may not have this mounting hole.
- Check your left side cylinder head to confirm before ordering.
|Country of Manufacture
Type II Anodized
|Minimum Operating Temperature
|Maximum Operating Temperature
3.5 fl oz (104 ml)
|Inlet Port Size
-6AN O-Ring Boss Female
|Outlet Port Size
-6AN O-Ring Boss Female
|Standards & Certifications
Milspec Type II Anodizing
O-Ring Boss Threads per SAE J1926-3 & ASME B1.1
O-Ring Boss Threads per SAE AS5202