MHX-245C C6 Corvette High-Efficiency Triple-Pass Oil Cooler
- One of the largest and most capable engine oil coolers available for the C5 & C6 Corvette
- Uses factory C6 Z51/Z06 oil cooler mounting points
- Requires aftermarket oil cooler lines and adapter, or purchase Improved Racing's complete kit (see part number EC6-600)
- Will keep engine oil temps safe on cars making over 600 HP through continuous lapping on a road course
- Light-weight, compact, high-efficiency triple-pass oil cooler
- Lifetime Warranty. Made in the USA.
Improved Racing's Motorsport Heat Exchanger (MHX) series oil coolers are the result of several years of development and testing to create a highly efficient oil cooler. These coolers were perfected through extensive testing on our in-house heat exchanger test system and wind tunnel.
The MHX-245C oil cooler is the cooler used in Improved Racing's C5 and C6 Corvette oil cooler kit. Note that this cooler does NOT work with the factory C6 Z51 and Z06 oil cooler lines. It requires aftermarket -10AN oil cooler lines and an oil cooler adapter. If you need a complete kit, see Improved Racing's C6 oil cooler kit, part number EC6-600.
The mounting bungs on the ends of the cooler bolt to the factory mounting locations in the radiator shroud for easy installation. The four mounting bungs on the ends of the cooler are threaded for M8x1.25 mm screws.
This triple-pass oil cooler surpasses the heat rejection rates of larger, heavier stacked-plate coolers made by brands such as Setrab, Mocal, and Earl's. Compared to a 72-row, 4.5" wide core stacked plate cooler, this cooler is 12% smaller overall and 4% lighter, yet holds more fluid volume. The core is 23% thinner and has a lower row and fin density, allowing more air to flow through the cooler to other heat exchangers (such as a radiator) behind it.
A major design focus was to minimize welds and brazings to make these coolers stronger, lighter, and less prone to leaks. All four end caps are single-piece CNC-machined billet aluminum. The rows consist of laser-welded, thin-gauge aluminum tubes stuffed with turbulators to maximize heat transfer while minimizing weight. The triple-pass design with long end-tanks maximizes heat transfer efficiency while maintaining a low pressure drop across the cooler.
The MHX-245C cooler features -10AN male ports on the same side of the end tank for convenient line routing.
All Improved Racing oil coolers are pressure tested to 175 PSI to ensure no leaks and are rated for continuous operation at 150 PSI. Our coolers are made in the USA and backed by our Lifetime Warranty.
Features and Benefits
- Compact, lightweight design is 12% smaller, 4% lighter, and has 104% more fluid capacity than a 72-row, 4.5" wide core stacked plate oil cooler
- Surpasses heat rejection rates of larger 72-row stacked plate oil coolers
- Triple-pass design to maximize efficiency
- Higher pass-through airflow rate than stacked plate coolers
- -10AN male ports on same side of end tank
- 4x flanged M8 mounting screws are included
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
Applications and Fitment
- 2005-2013 Chevrolet Corvette (C6), all models
- NOTE: Requires aftermarket oil cooler lines and oil cooler adapter, or use Improved Racing's complete bolt-on oil cooler kit (see part number EC6-600)
Dimensions and Specifications
* Dimensions that do not apply to MHX-245C
|Part #||Rows||HP Range||Passes||Fittings / Ports||Weight||Capacity||Mounting Holes|
|MHX-245||45||600+ HP||3||-10AN 37° Male Flare||5.1 lb (2.3 kg)||1.95 Qt (1.85 L)||M8 x 1.25|
|MHX-245C||45||600+ HP||3||-10AN 37° Male Flare||5.4 lb (2.6 kg)||1.95 Qt (1.85 L)||M8 x 1.25, mounting bung standoffs (not shown)|
|Part #|| |
|Part Weight|| |
5.40 lb (2.60 kg)
|Primary Material|| |
|Construction Type|| |
Flat stuffed tube and fin
|Number of Passes|| |
|Core Width|| |
|Core Height|| |
21.2'' (539 mm)
|Core Thickness|| |
1.55" (39.4 mm)
|Fitting Size|| |
-10AN Male Flare
|Test Pressure|| |
175 psi (12.07 bar)
|Maximum Operating Pressure|| |
250 psi (17.24 bar)
|Maximum Operating Temperature|| |
|Minimum Operating Temperature|| |
|Fluid Compatibility|| |
Power Steering Fluid
|Fluid Capacity|| |
1.95 Qt (1.85 L)
|Mounting Hole Size|| |
M8 x 1.25