M22x1.50 Oil Filter Adapter Screw for 2011-2014 Ford Mustang GT
Estimated ship date: Tomorrow
- M22 x 1.50 male to M22 x 1.50 male filter adapter screw
- Fits 2011-2014 Ford Mustang GT trims without an oil cooler
- May be used to delete the factory oil cooler in trims featuring an oil cooler
- Genuine Ford part
Genuine Ford part number AL3Z-6890-A is a M22x1.50 male to M22x1.50 male filter adapter screw/bung for the base model trim 2011-2014 Ford Mustang GT without an oil cooler.
This filter adapter screw is required when deleting the factory oil cooler Mustang GT trims that feature an oil cooler, including:
- 2012-2013 Ford Mustang BOSS 302
- 2012-2013 Ford Mustang BOSS 302 Laguna Seca
- 2013-2014 Mustang GT with Track Package
Note: Also required when deleting the factory oil cooler is the base model lower radiator hose, Improved Racing part # RFR-801 or Ford OEM part # KM5136.
Why Delete the Factory Water-to-Oil Cooler?
You may want to delete the factory oil cooler when upgrading to an air-to-oil cooler or when relocating the oil filter to a remote filter mount. There are two options for deleting the factory cooler. Both options first require the removal of the factory cooler (sandwiched between the oil filter and filter mount) and coolant lines, then replacing the lower radiator hose with RFR-801.
- Option 1: Replace the factory filter extension screw with Ford OEM part # AL3Z-6890-A. This will allow you to screw the filter directly to the filter mount like the base Mustang GT. Choose this option if you don't want to add an air-to-oil cooler or relocate your filter.
- Option 2: If you would like to upgrade to an air-to-oil cooler and/or relocate the oil filter, install Improved Racing's remote oil filter takeoff / oil cooler adapter, part number EFR-103. Connect the adapter to a remote filter mount such as Improved Racing's ENV-170 or ENV-140. If desired, plumb in an air-to-oil cooler (see Improved Racing's MHX line of oil coolers).
|Drop Ship Item||No|
|Special Order Item||No|
|Primary Material||Stainless steel|