LS Oil Pan Pressure Relief Valve Plug Kit
In stock by Wed, Aug 4
- Use this plug to delete the secondary pressure relief valve present in some LS oil pans
- The secondary pressure relief valve can sometimes get stuck, causing oil pressure issues
- Typically, the secondary pressure relief valve may be deleted if:
- Active Fuel Management (AFM) and Variable Valve Timing (VVT) have been deleted
- The oil pump has been swapped to a standard volume oil pump
Certain LS-based vehicles such as the 4th Gen Pontiac GTO, Pontiac G8 and 5th Gen Camaro feature an M14x1.5 pressure relief valve inside the oil pan. This valve is used to bypass excess oil pumped by the high-volume oil pump when Active Fuel Management and Variable Valve Timing are not active.
For those who have deleted AFM/DOD and have installed a standard volume oil pump, the pressure relief valve may generally be removed and plugged. Part no. 814-M14-KIT comes with a M14x1.5 plug and crush washer to ensure a proper seal.
Note: Removing this valve is not recommended for engines that have a high volume pump. The high volume pump must be replaced with a Melling M295, 10295, 10296, or similar pump to safely eliminate the pressure relief valve in the oil pan.
- Aluminum alloy M14x1.5 plug
- Crush washer
- 2005-2006 Pontiac GTO
- 2008-2009 Pontiac G8
- 2010-2015 Camaro SS
- OEM GM Oil Pan #12599397
- OEM GM Oil Pan #12640748