Katech KAT-A5069 High Capacity LS9 Oil Pump
Drop Ship Item
Katech developed their blueprinted pumps early in the life of their race program after noticing inadequate machining on the factory pumps.
The "red pump" features a thicker scavenge section rotor to increase scavenge pumping volume by 30%. Data has shown that at high RPMs the dry sump tank oil level in the stock Z06 dry sump setup can drop considerably, resulting in oil starvation. This pump helps keep the oil tank level higher to prevent oil starvation.
This pump also features 20% more pressure side flow volume. This higher flow on the pressure side is required for LS9 engines which feature piston squirters. It is also appropriate for engines that require higher oil flow volume due to looser bearing tolerances or aftermarket lifters. For engines that do not require higher pressure side oil flow rates, the Katech "blue pump" should be used instead.
Features and Benefits
- 30% greater scavenge capacity
- 20% greater pressure side capacity
- CNC ported
- Blueprinted to precise tolerances, documented and serialized
- Red anodized finish
- Direct replacement oil pump for LS7, LS9, and dry sump LS3 engines
- 2006-2008 LS7 requires a change to the 2009+ crank sprocket (12622539) when using the Katech red pump. Failure to change the crank sprocket will result in oil pump binding and will not be covered under warranty.
- This pump is designed for engines with higher oil flow demands such as looser bearing clearances, aftermarket lifters, piston squirters or oil-fed turbos/superchargers. Otherwise, the Katech "blue pump" is recommended.
|Drop Ship Item||Yes|
|Special Order Item||No|