CCS Universal Oil Catch Can Configurator
Free shipping on USA orders over $99
- Keep contaminants out of your intake to increase octane and keep your engine clean.
- 85-90% filtering efficiency of crankcase vapors.
- A must for direct injection engines.
- Quick-turn, easy to service 7.0 fl oz or 3.5 fl oz reservoir.
- -6 ORB inlet and outlet ports.
- Made in USA. Lifetime warranty.
An Improved Oil Catch Can
Improved Racing set out to design the best air-oil separating catch can we possibly could. We focused on a three simple design goals:
- Maximize efficiency: Separate as much vapor from crankcase blowby fumes as possible with minimal restriction.
- Easy to use: The catch can should be simple and enjoyable to use in every aspect including mounting, draining, and cleaning.
- Durable: Virtually indestructible. Made from high-quality, reliable components. As with any Improved Racing product, nothing will vibrate loose or come apart under racing conditions.
The result is the CCS (Catch Can, Sport).
Highly Efficient Air-Oil Separation
Improved Racing's CCS oil catch can is designed to maximize air-oil separation efficiency, with a peak efficiency of 85-90%. This is significantly higher than any of the competitor's catch cans we tested, which had peak efficiencies of no more than 60%. These results were achieved during bench testing at air flow rates of 0-4.0 CFM and vaporized oil injection rates of 0.20-0.30 grams per minute.
|Tangential Entry Port||
|Stainless Steel Filter||
|Multiple O-Ring Seals||
|Bell Mouth Plenum||
7.0 fl oz (207 ml) or 3.5 fl oz (104 ml) Reservoir
No Sight Glass Needed
Improved Racing's quick-release reservoir is so easy to remove that it eliminates the need for a sight glass. Simply push up and twist an 1/8th of a turn to remove the reservoir and inspect the fluid level. No more fumbling or endless unscrewing required.
No sight glass also means improved durability at higher operating temps. Plus, you don't have to struggle to interpret a hard-to-read sight glass to check your fluid level - just remove the quick-release reservoir and look inside.
A powerful wave spring keeps the reservoir locked in place. A safety lock clip is also included just in case you want to be absolutely sure the reservoir cannot be removed.
Fast & Flexible Mounting Bracket System
We made the mounting bracket easy to use and remove because some engines bays are tight. Remove the can in seconds by unscewing the green nut. Installing and positioning is just as quick and easy. If you need a little more leverage, just use a 5/8" or 16mm open end wrench on one of the nut's lobes.
Universal Mounting Bracket Options
Two universal mounting brackets are available: 90-degree or flat. The 90-degree bracket is included with the can and the flat bracket is available separately. Vehicle-specific kits and mounting solutions are being developed for many popular vehicle applications.
Positive Safety Lock Clip
The CCS comes with a safety lock clip. It's peace of mind for crash protection or track events where a positive lock mechanism is required. Push to insert, pull to remove.
Development of the CCS happened over several years and included ANSYS Fluent CFD simulations, extensive bench tests, and on-vehicle street and track tests. Final prototype testing also included a 9-month beta testing program in collaboration with various road racers, drag racers, and drifters.
Comparative testing included Improved Racing's prototypes and several catch cans from leading competitors. We ensured our catch can will beat the competition in filtration performance while maintaining a similar or lower pressure drop. Bench testing focused on maximizing efficiency at peak blow-by air flow rates of 3.7-4.0 CFM, where most other catch cans lack efficiency. The chart below (click to enlarge) shows some of our bench test results. Proprietary information and competitor's names have been redacted.
The applications listed below would benefit from the addion of an oil catch can:
- Direct injection engines.
- Direct injection engines suffer from exccessive carbon build-up on the valves and require regular cleaning. A catch can will reduce carbon build up on the valves.
- Valves on port injected engines are kept clean by the detergents in the fuel, but will also benefit from a catch can.
- Any engine with oil residue found in the intake manifold, throttle body, intake piping, or charge cooler will benefit greatly from the addition of an oil catch can.
- Any engine with an aftermarket tune will see improvements in horsepower from the increase in octane of the air/fuel mixture after adding a catch can.
- The CCS is perfect for recirculated, OEM style PCV systems. It can also be used in vent-to-atmosphere applications by adding the optional CCS-40 filter attachment.
- For built engines with high levels of blow-by and for racing applications requiring a larger volume reservoir, stay tuned for our CCR (Catch Can, Race), currently in development. The CCR will feature larger ports and a 1 quart capacity.
CCS-700 (7.0 fl oz) Dimensions
CCS-351 (3.5 fl oz) Dimensions
|Country of Manufacture||
|Part #|| |
|Primary Material|| |
Type II Anodized
|Minimum Operating Temperature|| |
|Maximum Operating Temperature|| |
|Inlet Port Size|| |
-6AN O-Ring Boss Female
|Outlet Port Size|| |
-6AN O-Ring Boss Female