2015+ S550 Ford Mustang GT Factory Cooler Delete Kit
- Allows deleting the factory water-to-oil cooler in the 2015 and later S550 Ford Mustang GT & GT 350
- Includes filter adapter screw, Improved Racing part # HSC-5023-01 (Ford part # AL3Z-6890-A equivalent)
- Includes replacement lower radiator hose, part # RFR-802
This simple kit allows for the deletion of the factory water-to-oil cooler in the 2015 and later S550 Ford Mustang GT & GT 350.
The factory lower radiator hose on the vehicles listed above features two tee connections for the water-to-oil cooler. These connections may be capped off instead, but this will result in a restriction to your coolant flow. We recommend replacing the hose with this one instead.
Why Delete the Factory Water-to-Oil Cooler?
If your application does not require an oil cooler, you may want to delete the factory cooler for simplicity, weight reduction, or to save space.
To delete the factory water-to-oil cooler:
- Remove the factory cooler (sandwiched between the oil filter and oil filter pedestal) and coolant lines from the oil filter pedestal.
- Remove the lower radiator hose and replace with RFR-802.
- Remove the factory filter extension screw used with the factory cooler and replace with HSC-5023-01. This is an Improved Racing filter screw made from 410 stainless steel that is compatible with Ford part # AL3Z-6890-A.
If you would like to upgrade to an air-to-oil cooler and/or relocate the oil filter, see Improved Racing's remote oil filter takeoff / oil cooler adapter part number EFR-104.
- Improved Racing RFR-802 lower radiator hose
- Base model 2012-2014 Ford Mustang GT oil filter screw, Improved Racing part # HSC-5023-01 (Ford part # AL3Z-6890-A equivalent)
|Part #|| |
|Drop Ship Item|| |
|Special Order Item|| |
|Primary Material|| |