2011-2014 Ford Mustang GT Factory Cooler Delete Lower Radiator Hose
Estimated ship date: Mon, May 17
- OEM equivalent lower radiator hose for 2011-2014 Ford Mustang GT without oil cooler (base trim), Ford OEM part # KM5136
- Use this lower radiator hose to delete the factory oil cooler on vehicles equipped with coolers
- Required when installing Improved Racing's EFR-103 oil cooler adapter on vehicles equipped with oil coolers
This is an OEM-equivalent lower radiator hose for the 2011-2014 Ford Mustang GT without an oil cooler.
This lower radiator hose is required when deleting the factory oil cooler in Mustang GT trims that feature an oil cooler, including:
- 2012-2013 Ford Mustang BOSS 302
- 2012-2013 Ford Mustang BOSS 302 Laguna Seca
- 2013-2014 Mustang GT with Track Package
The factory lower radiator hose on the vehicles listed above features two tee connections for the water-to-oil cooler. These connections may be capped off instead, but this will result in a restriction to your coolant flow. We recommend replacing the hose with this one instead.
Equivalent to Ford OEM part # KM5136. Does not include worm clamps.
Why Delete the Factory Water-to-Oil Cooler?
You may want to delete the factory oil cooler when upgrading to an air-to-oil cooler or when relocating the oil filter with a remote filter mount. There are two options for deleting the factory cooler. Both options first require the removal of the factory cooler (sandwiched between the oil filter and filter mount) and coolant lines, then replacing the lower radiator hose with RFR-801.
- Option 1: Replace the factory filter extension screw with Ford OEM part # AL3Z-6890-A. This will allow you to screw the filter directly to the filter mount like the base Mustang GT. Choose this option if you don't want to add an air-to-oil cooler or relocate your filter.
- Option 2: If you would like to upgrade to an air-to-oil cooler and/or relocate the oil filter, install Improved Racing's remote oil filter takeoff / oil cooler adapter, part number EFR-103. Connect the adapter to a remote filter mount such as Improved Racing's ENV-170 or ENV-140. If desired, plumb in an air-to-oil cooler (see Improved Racing's MHX line of oil coolers).
|Drop Ship Item||No|
|Special Order Item||No|