2011-2014 Ford Mustang GT Factory Cooler Delete Kit
- Allows deleting the factory water-to-oil cooler in the 2012-2014 Ford Mustang GT
- Includes filter adapter screw, Ford part # AL3Z-6890-A
- Includes replacement lower radiator hose, part # RFR-801, equivalent to Ford part # KM5136
This simple kit allows for the deletion of the factory water-to-oil cooler in the following vehicles:
- 2012-2013 Ford Mustang BOSS 302
- 2012-2013 Ford Mustang BOSS 302 Laguna Seca
- 2013-2014 Mustang GT with Track Package
The factory lower radiator hose on the vehicles listed above features two tee connections for the water-to-oil cooler. These connections may be capped off instead, but this will result in a restriction to your coolant flow. We recommend replacing the hose with this one instead.
Why Delete the Factory Water-to-Oil Cooler?
If your application does not require an oil cooler, you may want to delete the factory cooler for simplicity, weight reduction, or to save space.
To delete the factory water-to-oil cooler:
- Remove the factory cooler (sandwiched between the oil filter and oil filter pedestal) and coolant lines from the oil filter pedestal.
- Remove the lower radiator hose and replace with RFR-801. This hose is equivalent to the factory lower radiator hose in Mustang GT models that do not have an oil cooler.
- Remove the factory filter extension screw used with the factory cooler and replace with AL3Z-6890-A. This is the OEM Ford filter screw used in the Mustang GT models that do not have an oil cooler.
If you would like to upgrade to an air-to-oil cooler and/or relocate the oil filter instead, see Improved Racing's remote oil filter takeoff / oil cooler adapter part number EFR-103.
- Base model 2012-2014 Ford Mustang GT oil filter screw, Ford part # AL3Z-6890-A
- Base model 2012-2014 Ford Mustang GT lower radiator hose, equivalent to Ford part # KM5136
|Drop Ship Item||No|
|Special Order Item||No|