2010-2011 5th Gen Camaro Performance Oil Cooler Kit
Improved Racing's bolt-on oil cooler kit adds extreme oil cooling performance to the 5th Gen Camaro SS. This kit will lower peak oil temperatures by as much as 30-50°F. Because it eliminates the factory water-to-oil cooler setup, water temps will decrease as well.
The Improved Racing kit is not only essential for track use, but also perfectly streetable. Thanks to the built-in oil thermostat, engine oil reaches safe operating temperatures quickly even during casual street driving.
The kit includes professionally assembled, lightweight -10AN oil lines featuring a Viton rubber interior, stainless reinforcement, and a silicone-fiberglass sleeve for protection from header heat and flames.
The thermostat is available in three temperature ratings: 180°F, 200°F, and 212°F. The 212°F unit is recommended for special racing applications where a high oil viscosity is used. The 180°F and 200°F units are recommended for mixed street and track use. Not sure what to use? Go with the 200° unit.
Features and Benefits
- Massive oil cooling upgrade over the factory system, essential for track use
- Includes Improved Racing's MHX series high-efficiency 45-row, triple-pass oil cooler.
- Direct bolt-on kit includes everything needed for installation and elimination of the factory water-to-oil cooler. The only permanent modification required is drilling one small hole in the bumper support beam for the lower oil cooler mounting bracket.
- Keeps oil temps in check to extend the life of your engine and reduce oil starvation
- EGM-114 thermostatic oil cooler adapter precisely controls oil temps and accelerates engine warm-up
- Includes custom light-weight aluminum, rubber-isolated oil cooler mounting brackets
- Professionally assembled, lightweight, heat-shielded -10AN oil lines with anodized aluminum dual-swivel fittings
- Oil cooler adapter features two sensor ports for aftermarket oil sensors or for turbo supply lines
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
- 2010-2011 Chevrolet Camaro (5th Generation), all V8 models
- Compatible with the factory ZL1 heat exchanger
- May not be compatible with some aftermarket heat exchangers
- 180°F and 200°F Thermostat - Recommended for mixed street use and track use.
- 212°F Thermostat - Recommended for race cars that run a higher viscosity oil and must maintain higher minimum oil temperatures.
|Part #|| |
|Drop Ship Item|| |
|Special Order Item|| |
|Hose Size|| |