2005-2013 C6 Z06/Z51 Corvette Oil Thermostat Upgrade
- Allows oil temps to quickly increase to safe operating temperatures
- Professionally assembled -10AN oil lines have a 54% larger flow area compared to the factory 1/2" lines
- Thermostat is available in three temperature ratings, 180°F, 200°F and 212°F
- Lifetime Warranty. Made in the USA.
Improved Racing's bolt-on upgrade kit adds -10AN oil lines and an oil thermostat to the factory C6 Corvette Z06, Z51, or Grand Sport oil cooler setup.
In many cases, oil temps will never reach a safe operating temperature during normal street driving in these vehicles. Because the system lacks a proper oil thermostat, engine oil warm up times are also excessively long.
The chart below graphs oil and coolant temps with the factory setup compared to the Improved Racing 180°F thermostat setup after a cold startup. As you can see, in cool weather (50°F ambient), oil temps never go above 120°F with the factory oil lines, even after over 20 minutes of warm up time!
With the Improved Racing thermostat installed, oil temps are allowed to increase to safe operating temperatures. Note these temperatures were logged using the sensor at the bottom of the dry sump oil tank, which reads lower than the temperature at the oil thermostat.
The professionally assembled -10AN oil lines have a 54% larger flow area compared to the factory 1/2" lines, significantly decreasing pressure drop across the oil cooler system. This improves oil pressure at the top of the engine. These lightweight oil lines feature a Viton rubber interior, stainless reinforcement to prevent kinking, and a silicone-fiberglass sleeve for protection from header heat.
The thermostat is available in three temperature ratings, 180°F, 200°F, and 212°F. The 200°F and 212°F units are recommended for racing applications running higher viscosity engine oil. The 180°F unit is recommended for street use.
Features and Benefits
- Direct bolt-on kit; no drilling or cutting required
- Keeps oil temps in check to extend the life of your engine and reduce engine wear
- Thermostatic oil cooler adapter precisely controls oil temps and accelerates engine warm-up
- Professionally assembled, lightweight, heat-shielded oil lines with hard-anodized aluminum dual swivel fittings
- Large -10AN oil lines for improved oil pressure over the factory lines
- Oil cooler adapter features a 1/8" NPT sensor port for an aftermarket oil temp or pressure sensor
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
- 2006-2013 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
- 2005-2009 Chevrolet Corvette with Z51 performance package
- 2010-2013 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport, coupe models with manual transmissions only
- 180°F Thermostat - Recommended for street use and occasional track use. Recommended for wet sump vehicles (Z51 models).
- 212°F Thermostat - Recommended for race cars that run a higher viscosity oil and must maintain higher minimum oil temperatures. Recommended for dry sump vehicles (Z06 models and Grand Sport Coupes with manual transmissions).
|Drop Ship Item|| |
|Special Order Item|| |
|Vehicle Applications|| |
Chevrolet Corvette (C6)
|Hose Size|| |