2005-2013 C6 Corvette Performance Oil Cooler Kit
- Lowers peak oil temperatures by as much as 30-50°F
- Built-in thermostat permits quicker engine oil warm-up
- Included professionally assembled, lightweight -10AN oil lines
- Lifetime Warranty. Made in the USA.
Now includes our larger, custom-built, triple-pass oil cooler for even better cooling. This cooler is lighter, allows more air flow, and has more oil capacity than the cooler we previously used.
Improved Racing's bolt-on oil cooler kit adds massive cooling capacity to the C6 Corvette. Oil temperatures in track conditions often reach as high as 300°F with the factory Z06 oil cooler setup. This kit will lower peak oil temperatures by as much as 30-50°F.
This kit is not only essential for track use, but also perfectly streetable thanks to the built-in oil thermostat, which allows engine oil to reach safe operating temperatures much faster than the factory oil cooler system.
The chart below graphs oil and coolant temps with the factory setup compared to the Improved Racing 180°F thermostat setup after a cold startup. As you can see, in cool weather (50°F ambient), oil temps never go above 120°F with the factory oil lines, even after over 20 minutes of warm up time!
With the Improved Racing thermostat installed, oil temps are allowed to increase to safe operating temperatures, even with the much larger oil cooler included in this kit. Note these temperatures were logged using the sensor at the bottom of the dry sump oil tank, which reads lower than the temperature at the oil thermostat.
The kit includes professionally assembled, lightweight -10AN oil lines featuring a Viton rubber interior, stainless reinforcement to prevent kinking, and a silicone-fiberglass sleeve for protection from header heat.
The thermostat is available in three temperature ratings, 180°F, 200°F, and 212°F. The 200°F and 212°F units are recommended for racing applications where a higher oil viscosity is used. The 180°F unit is recommended for street use.
Features and Benefits
- Massive oil cooling upgrade over the factory system, essential for track use
- Includes Improved Racing's high-efficiency 45-row, triple-pass oil cooler with custom mounting bungs. Uses the factory mounting points in the radiator shroud.
- Direct bolt-on kit, with only minor cutting of factory radiator shroud required. A laser-cut acrylic template and instructions are provided for the perfect fit.
- Keeps oil temps in check to extend the life of your engine and reduce oil starvation
- EGM-112 thermostatic oil cooler adapter precisely controls oil temps and accelerates engine warm-up
- Professionally assembled, lightweight, heat-shielded -10AN oil lines with hard-anodized aluminum dual swivel fittings
- Oil cooler adapter features a 1/8" NPT sensor port for an aftermarket oil temp or pressure sensor
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
- 2005-2013 Chevrolet Corvette (C6), all models
- 180°F Thermostat - Recommended for street use and occasional track use. Recommended for wet sump vehicles.
- 200°F and 212°F Thermostat - Recommended for race cars that run a higher viscosity oil and must maintain higher minimum oil temperatures.
|Drop Ship Item|| |
|Special Order Item|| |
|Vehicle Applications|| |
Chevrolet Corvette (C6)
|Hose Size|| |