Baffled Racing Oil Pan for LS1 Pontiac GTO / VT-VZ Commodore[Part # EGM-404]
The Pontiac GTO oil pan is the pan of choice for swaps that require a front-sump pan. This pan is a very popular choice for swapping LS engines into a Nissan 240SX.
This pan is the 2004 LS1 pan, which does not feature the oil pressure relief valve found in the LS2 pan. The LS2 pan is only required for engines that use Displacement on Demand (DOD)/Active Fuel Management (AFM) or Variable Valve Timing (VVT).
Package includes Improved Racing's trap door racing oil pan baffle. Save by purchasing the two together!
The complete swap kit includes everything you need to swap to this oil pan: the oil pan, Improved Racing baffle, dip stick, dip stick tube, pickup tube, and windage tray.
The graph below plots oil pressures with the factory baffling (in red) versus the Improved Racing EGM-204 baffle (in black). A complete chart with oil pressure, RPM and lateral G-force plots can be seen in PDF format by clicking here, or as a JPG image by clicking here. A second chart that adds longitudinal G's (acceleration/braking, in orange) can be seen by clicking here.
Click to Enlarge
Old part number EGM-410.
Features and Benefits
- Track-proven to prevent oil starvation at up to 1.4 sustained lateral G's in most vehicles
- Directional trap door baffling completely encloses the oil pump pickup for maximum protection against oil starvation at high Gs
- Baffle plate with drain-back guides and drain-back slots help accelerate return of oil to the bottom of the sump while also preventing oil slosh and reducing oil consumption
- Reduces the risk of oil starvation when oil levels are low
- High-quality factory cast aluminum oil pan, which is considered a structural part of the engine block and is less prone to failure or leaking than aftermarket sheet metal pans
- Light-weight aluminum baffle sheds 1.3lbs over the factory oil pan
- Lifetime Warranty on oil pan baffle only
- Oil pan baffle made in the USA
- Improved Racing GTO racing oil pan baffle, part # EGM-204 (old part number EGM-1004)
- GM Part # 12581209 - GM LS1 GTO oil pan, gasket, and mounting hardware
- Complete swap kit also includes:
- GM Part # 92067147 - GM LS1/LS2 GTO oil dip stick
- GM Part # 92066941 - GM LS1/LS2 GTO oil dip stick tube
- GM Part # 12572654 - GM LS1/LS2 GTO oil pickup tube
- GM Part # 12558189 - GM LS1/LS2 GTO windage tray
- 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO
- 2001-2005 Holden Monaro (V2 VC8 & VZ)
- 1999-2006 Holden Commodore (VT, VX, VY & VZ)
- 1999-2006 Holden Commodore Ute
- 1999-2006 Holden Statesman (WH, WK, WL)
- 1999-2006 Holden Caprice (WH, WK, WL)
- 2001-2006 Vauxhall Monaro
- Other vehicles equipped with the GM front-sump oil pan part number 12599397, 12599398, 12581209, or 12581210.
- Bolts to all GM Gen III & IV LS family engines including LS1, LS6, LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9, L76, L98, L92, L93, L99, LQ4, LQ9, LSA, LSX and V8 Vortec variations
All new GTO oil pans come with a M22x1.50 filter thread and require factory oil filter part number PF48 or equivalent.